October 20, 2006

Flash

Well here's another blog post, it's been some time since I last posted, sorry about that.

I have just been reading a bit about this new flash harddrive that should be created pretty much for Vista by Samsung together with M$

It motivated me to read a bit more up on what flash is, I've never really been looking to much into this and still there is much I am not sure about (I only read parts of that wikipedia article I linked to).

I was thinking about if using a flash drive as swap for my old laptop might be a good idea, I am not totally certain about it but I learned that the problem with flash drives is that they have a limited number of write cycles before they "die", people don't seem to agree on how many read a flash drive can take before dying.
I might experiment a bit with this, old flash drives are not expensive and maybe it would a cheap way to improve my old laptops performance a little, but then again I don't think I have the time/energy for playing to much around with it, one of the reasons why I have not been posting to this blog for some time and I really don't use my laptop a lot.

No comments: