May 17, 2006

bargheer.dk now also in English

Finally, it took me a little while to figure out how to do this and even longer to get it done, but now I finally found a way that works for now.
My homepage is now in dual-language, with both a Danish and English version of some of the pages (I haven't translated that many pages yet).

For now this solution is OK I think, it means double the work when I want to update a page if I want the update to appear in both Danish and English, but that is the only major drawback of this method as far as I can figure.
A minor drawback has to do with the layout of the page, if your browser windows gets a width of less than ~600px then there will be a problem with the menus getting cluttered, I haven't figured out how to fix this in a nice way yet.

Anyhow I will need to build the page with some kind of database system at some point, as the content hopefully grows writing every page in the hand from scratch and copy-pasting will be far to much work.

Other news is I am now able to walk again without crutches, I have given back the crutches to the friends I borrowed them from, that is really nice, but still I have to be careful.
I count on being able to return to work next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.