January 04, 2008

The perfect keyboard

I have for a long time been looking for and trying many different keyboard but so far haven't been able to find the right one for me at an affordable price, but now I think I finally found it and since I am so happy about it and satisfied with it I thought I just wanted to write a blog post about it so that if anyone is looking for the same kind of keyboard that I have been then I can tell them that IBM's W95 is a really good shot at what you are looking for.

  • The most important thing for me about the keyboard I was looking for was that it didn't have this annoying loud click sound every time you click a key, it doesn't have to be totally silent either, but just not that loud click noise that annoys me when i sit and write in the late evenings.
  • I prefer my keyboards to be ... well just a keyboard, I prefer not having all of these fancy buttons for all kind of shortcuts ... they just annoy me.
  • It needed to be wired, I found quite a few keyboards with a nice feel about them, but they all turned out to be wireless and that made them a non-option for me. I don't move around with my keyboard and I don't want to replace batteries in my keyboard also I am not totally certain that there isn't some negative effects about having all of this wireless stuff around us all the time, so I see no reason for my keyboard to be wireless when it serves no practical purpose what so ever.

Actually I think that sums up my demands for a keyboard. It turned out much more difficult to find this keyboard than I had expected. Probably has to do with me going to so few stores and the first demand is something that I can't find until I have the keyboards in my hands.

Anyhow way to to go IBM/Lenovo I love your W95 keyboard

No comments: