January 30, 2007

Windows Vista released, my thoughts

Today is the day where Microsoft Windows Vista is released to the public.
I am sure almost everyone has a say on this, I have not tried it, I have no intention to try it. This is my perfect opportunity to no longer be able to help people who need help with their computers (yeah I will probably learn it like I learned XP, but I have hopes that I will no longer be able to figure out how it works).

If any windows users as me for advice if they should get Vista (as if anyone would ask a Linux geek for advice on this). Then my advice would be to stick with what you have got, from what I have heard Vista will run pretty badly on anything but the newest hardware.

An option for those a bit tired to be paying to Microsoft for new operating systems, and not willing to spend hours and hours getting things to work the way they want to, exists.
I haven't tried Ubuntu myself, I don't think I will in the near future either.

I have my OS and I am quite satisfied, but I have given up on trying to tell others to use it, you really have to be willing to learn and spend time to use Gentoo.

No comments: