May 23, 2006

Elephants Dream

I have just watched the movie Elephants Dream for what must be the 5th or 6th time. It is a short movie that I got aware of through a /. post and it is a so called open movie, which as I understand it means that it is made with open source software tools (even though it is only the graphical side that is made with open source software, the sound was made the usual way for movies) and the movie is now free to distribute any way you like to.

I don't really know what to think of the movie in itself. I don't watch a lot of movies anymore, mostly because I don't have a TV (by choice) and there is no cinema nearby where I live so mostly I only watch movies when I visit someone.
Technically the movie is really great, just as good as Shrek or any other of the animated movies I have seen. The story in this short movie (I think it is about 9 minutes long) has me a bit puzzled, there sure are some fascinating aspects of it, but it still has me left puzzled ... I don't totally understand what the movie is about, even though I do vague idea, but maybe that was the idea behind the plot. If that is the case then it worked.
Anyhow if you do have a broadband connection to the internet then I do think it is worth the trouble to download and watch the movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»